Sensitivity tends to be more affected by sudden temperature changes, extreme weather, stress, skincare products, sun exposure, food, and many others. Hence we must take special care. As part of the skincare routine for any skin type, you must always use a cleanser, exfoliator, and moisturizer. But the exfoliation for sensitive skin is an important and tricky part. Exfoliate
Here you have some recommendations on how to exfoliate your sensitive skin:
- Cleanse first: Use micellar water and always avoid detergents.
- Don’t dry your face completely. Leave it wet and apply the exfoliator doing circular movements. Avoid scrubs made with sugar or any other similar ingredients that can irritate your skin.
- Remove your exfoliator with warm water.
- Dry your skin with a clean paper towel or your usual face towel.
- Apply your moisturizer once your skin is dry.
How often should I exfoliate sensitive skin?
You can exfoliate your skin once a week. It is recommended to do it during the night; this way, you will avoid sun exposure and prevent irritation and redness.
Can I use a DIY exfoliating mask?
Yes, there are some ingredients you can apply to your skin that you can find in any home. A combination of honey and oatmeal will help you eliminate blackheads, hydrate, and leave your skin soft.
About the Author: Dr. Angelica Parra is a Licensed Medical Doctor from Venezuela and is currently taking a Master’s degree in Dermatology. She specialized in Aesthetic Medicine and completed Advanced Training in Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation in Miami, Florida. She has specialized in applying Botox, dermal fillers, skin tightening treatments, and since then, she has worked on cruise ships as an Aesthetic Doctor.