Active ingredients are all of those ingredients that we use in our skincare routine and are scientifically proven to modify your skin structure at a cellular level, meaning these ingredients can produce a noticeable change in your skin.
In our skincare routine, you can add active ingredients to treat concerns like hyperpigmentation, dryness, redness, fine lines and wrinkles, dehydration, dullness, and many others.
Some of the active ingredients can’t be used every day as they may cause irritation or any side effect; hence you must learn how often you should apply them.
- Salicylic Acid: Use between 1-3 per week.
- Retinol: Use at night. During the first week, use every couple of days with the lowest concentration, then increase the number of applications.
- Niacinamide: You can use it twice a day in your morning and evening routine.
- Vitamin C: Use daily.
- Azelaic Acid: Use daily. You can even use it twice a day.
- Glycolic Acid: Try using twice per week.
- Green Tea: Use daily.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Use once or twice per day.
You must be careful with the concentration and combination of the products. They can also affect the efficacy and increase the side effects. You must always try one new product at a time and start with the lowest concentration possible.
Also Read: What Causes Butt Pimples? Here’s How to Get Rid of Butt Acne Fast
For more Skincare news and Beauty latest updates please Like and Follow our Facebook Page and Instagram account…
About the Author: Dr. Angelica Parra is a Licensed Medical Doctor from Venezuela and is currently taking a Master’s degree in Dermatology. She specialized in Aesthetic Medicine and completed Advanced Training in Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation in Miami, Florida. She has specialized in applying Botox, dermal fillers, skin tightening treatments, and since then, she has worked on cruise ships as an Aesthetic Doctor.