Acne vulgaris is a common chronic skin disease involving blockage and inflammation of sebaceous glands. Acne can present as non-inflammatory lesions, inflammatory lesions, or a mixture of both, affecting mostly the face but also the back and chest.
What is the main cause of acne vulgaris?
How acne develops. Acne develops when sebum which is an oily substance that lubricates your hair and skin and dead skin cells plug the hair follicles. Bacteria can trigger inflammation and infection resulting in more severe acne.
What is the difference between acne and acne vulgaris?
Acne vulgaris is the medical name for common acne which is the presence of blackheads, whiteheads, and other types of pimples on the skin. The most common spots for breakouts are the face, chest, shoulders, and back.
Below are some notable home remedies for acne:
- Apply apple cider vinegar.
- Take a zinc supplement.
- Make a honey and cinnamon mask.
- Spot treat with tea tree oil.
- Apply green tea to your skin.
- Apply witch hazel.
- Moisturize with aloe vera.
- Take a fish oil supplement.
How do you treat acne vulgaris overnight?
Aloe vera: Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a well-known treatment for pimples.
Benzoyl peroxide face wash or gel: These are available over the counter and provide good results in reducing acne.
How can acne vulgaris be prevented?
Follow these steps listed below regularly to prevent acne naturally.
- Wash your face daily with warm water and a mild facial cleanser.
- Use moisturizer daily.
- You don’t have to stop using makeup, but try to use “non-comedogenic” products and remove makeup at the end of each day.
- Keep your hands away from your face.
- Benefits Of Vitamin C Serum For Skin
- Wonders Of Mustard Oil For Hair Growth
- Everything You Need To Know About The Application Of Borage Seed Oil
Dr. Sayyam Azam is a certified dermatologist who has specialized in Clinical Dermatology (Pakistan) and Aesthetic Medicine (US). During her specialization, she was involved in multiple clinical as well as aesthetic dermatological procedures such as botox, fillers, and chemical peels. As a licensed dermatologist, she is now running a state-of-the- art Aesthetic Center (The Face Clinic) in Multan, Pakistan.