Chapped lips are discomfiting and annoying. Contrary to regular skin conditions, they are often hard to hide with lipstick. Let’s find out a few tips that can help you not only get rid of them but also prevent them from getting chapped lips.
Apart from cosmetic issues, chapped lips can bleed and can also cause pain. However, a few factors contribute to developing chapped lips. By focusing on them, one can reduce the chances of developing chapped lips. Most commonly, they are caused by:
- Cold and dry weather
- Sun damage
- Frequent licking
So it would help if you followed the mentioned tips:
- Drink more water; work on your electrolytes too.
- If drinking enough water does not help, you can also use a humidifier.
- Apply lip balm or any moisturizing lip product.
- Invest in good lip sun protection. Several lip balms are available with added SPF.
- Avoid licking your lips as your saliva leaves more dry skin and chapped lips.
- Prefer not to buy a flavored lip balm as they tempt you to lick.
- When it is too cold outside, prefer going out while your lips are covered to avoid excess dryness.
- Try to exfoliate your lips at least once a week.
About the Author: Dr. Iqra Mubashar is a registered Pharmacist originally from Lahore, Pakistan. She has earned her pharmacy degree from the University of veterinary and animal sciences, Lahore. She has completed her internship as a trainee from Children hospital, Lahore. She has completed her research work in clinical pharmacy and pharmaceutics. She has worked as a healthcare documentation head in Al-Qasim enterprises, Islamabad. She has specialized in prescription handling, drugs information, literature research, patient counseling, and pharmaceutical care planning. Her research work on coronavirus is under publication.