Gram flour, also known as chickpea flour, is a popular ingredient in traditional skincare routines. It is well known for its ability to absorb excess oil from the skin, making it an excellent choice for those with oily skin. Here, we will explore how to make a gram flour mask and its benefits for oily skin.
How to Make a Gram Flour Mask
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour with 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Apply the mask to your face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes or until it has dried completely.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water and pat your skin dry.
Benefits of Gram Flour for Oily Skin
- Absorbs Excess Oil: Gram flour has natural oil-absorbing properties that help to regulate sebum production, preventing the skin from becoming too oily.
- Cleanses Pores: The mask helps to remove impurities and excess oil from the pores, leaving the skin looking clearer and brighter.
- Brightens Skin: The turmeric in the mask has skin-lightening properties, which can help to brighten dull, oily skin.
- Exfoliates: The texture of gram flour makes it an excellent exfoliant, helping to remove dead skin cells and improve skin texture.
- Anti-inflammatory: The turmeric in the mask has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to soothe and calm irritated skin.