All You Need to Know to Maintain Healthy Nails
Our nails are not only made to apply cute and bright polish, but they also can reflect certain pathological conditions; therefore, we must always pay extra attention. We tend to cut them, file them and apply gel, powder, and polish every time we can, and there is nothing wrong with it as long as you follow certain recommendations.
Here we will mention some recommendations so you can maintain healthy nails:
- Try choosing regular nail polish over semi-permanent: Semi-permanent contains many ingredients that can debilitate your nails and cause allergic reactions that can be irreversible.
- Leave some cuticle behind: Removing the full cuticle is a common practice for aesthetic reasons, main function of the cuticle is to protect the nail from infections, and to remove it completely means that you are leaving some entry for bacteria and fungus.
- Use sterile instruments when doing your nails.
- Use sunscreen in your hands before using the UV lamp: This lamp is similar to the one used for tanning and can increase cancer risk.
- Take multivitamins or biotin supplements: Not only will they keep your nails healthy but also your hair.
- If possible, take a break from the nail polish for a couple of days.
- Why Do Some Women Have More Facial and Body Hair?
- Why Dry Skin Is More Prone to Develop Wrinkles?
- Does Spearmint Tea Work for Hirsutism?
- Products You Should Use According to Your Acne Scarring Type
Dr. Angelica Parra is a Licensed Medical Doctor from Venezuela and is currently taking a Master’s degree in Dermatology. She specialized in Aesthetic Medicine and completed Advanced Training in Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation in Miami, Florida. She has specialized in applying Botox, dermal fillers, skin tightening treatments, and since then, she has worked on cruise ships as an Aesthetic Doctor.