Back acne or “backne” is one of the most complicated skin conditions to treat; however, you can follow a few simple recommendations to fight it. Not all causes of back acne are the same, so it is essential to be aware of the possible reasons that may affect you to treat it.
Here you have some recommendations so you can treat your backne:
- Do not manipulate active acne lesions: This is the most challenging indication to follow. If you manipulate lesions excessively, you are likely to make your condition worse and even cause pigmentation.
- Avoid carrying objects that rub against your back: Friction from backpacks or any other things in the back area can cause mechanical acne. Just avoid having heavy loads, especially if they constantly rub against the area.
- Watch the cleansing products you use for your daily routine: If you suffer from this condition, try to use specialized acne products.
- Control excessive sun exposure: Excessive sun exposure can cause acne breakouts and increase the chances of pigmentation.
- Always wear cotton clothing: Avoid materials such as latex and elastic. This fabric type is more delicate than any other and can help prevent acne from appearing on your back.
Dr. Angelica Parra is a Licensed Medical Doctor from Venezuela and is currently taking a Master’s degree in Dermatology. She specialized in Aesthetic Medicine and completed Advanced Training in Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation in Miami, Florida. She has specialized in applying Botox, dermal fillers, skin tightening treatments, and since then, she has worked on cruise ships as an Aesthetic Doctor.