Most of us wouldn’t dream of starting our day without a hot cup of Coffee. Coffee is a part of our daily lives, being present in meals, work breaks, and even during reunions with friends. We all know that Coffee’s main ingredient is Caffeine. It is a psychoactive drug that can affect our nervous system and reduce death risk. In addition, Coffee Grounds have numerous properties that make our skin perfect.
Benefits of Coffee Grounds for Our Skin:
- Improve cellulitis and orange-peel skin: increase blood circulation and production of hormones, breaking body fat. These are some of the reasons why most anti-cellulite creams and slimming gels include caffeine as one of the main ingredients.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: reduces red skin and inflammation.
- Exfoliation: exfoliate the skin, leading to cellular regeneration. The grounds do not dissolve in water, which makes them good at scrubbing away dead skin cells.
- Improves dark circles: Caffeine increase circulation and decongest the area around the eye. Also, it improves puffiness and fine lines.
- Protection against UV light: due to the high polyphenol’s quantity, coffee has antioxidants properties. The antioxidant works as an antiaging ingredient preserving the skin’s elasticity. Several studies have shown spent coffee ground extract helps protect the skin against damage from UV-B rays. So, when included in skincare preparations, the coffee extract may help protect your skin against wrinkle formation and sun damage. This isn’t a substitute for sunscreen, though. You’ll still need to use sunscreen to protect yourself from sunburn and the aging effects of the sun.
- Increase hair growth: caffeine stimulates hair follicles; hence, it increases hair growth and is also used to treat hair loss.
- Diuretic: improve leg’s circulation, used to prevent varicose veins.
How to apply it?
Ground coffee beans are applied around the body to eliminate dead cells; You can easily make homemade masks combined with other ingredients. Spread over your skin, doing circular movements, and leave it for up to 15 minutes. Next, remove it with warm water and apply your regular moisturizer in the area.
Other benefits of Coffee Grounds?
- Accelerate cerebral activity (psychoactive)
- Improves memory
- Increases energy levels and mood
- Works as a fat burner
- Improves physical performance
- Boosts adrenaline levels
- Also contains vitamin B2, B5, and potassium magnesium, and niacin
- Conditions like type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson, cirrhosis, and colon cancer are possibly prevented until a certain level
Coffee is a multipurpose product that can potentially offer a variety of skincare benefits. Still, it’s a good idea to follow up with your dermatologist if you’re not seeing the desired results after several weeks of treatment.