Sunburn isn’t a new thing. Most of us easily get sunburnt when we come into contact with direct sunlight for a longer duration without protection. Let’s discuss some tips to heal our sunburned skin. Sunburned Skin
Sunburn can leave our skin very dry and painful. It is necessary to treat it as soon as possible. Once you notice sunburn, opt for the following tips to relieve your pain and soothe your sunburns:
- So first of all, when you notice sunburn, come out of direct sunlight and preferably move indoors.
- Take cold baths or showers frequently. This will help mitigate the pain immediately.
- After taking a shower, don’t dry your skin completely. Pat dry the area and apply moisturizer while the skin is slightly wet. Prefer a moisturizer with aloe vera. You can use raw aloe vera extract or aloe vera gel too. Don’t apply anything with ingredients ending with caine, e.g., benzocaine.
4. Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
5. Take extra care of the sunburnt area. This area should never come in direct sunlight while healing. Cover it with a cloth from which light cannot pass, every time you need to go outside.
Some people might not consider sunburns as something serious. But if your skin keeps getting exposed to the sun for a longer duration, it can result in permanent damage. You can consult your local community pharmacist to help you soothe your sunburns with OTC medicines.
Dr. Iqra Mubashar is a registered Pharmacist originally from Pakistan, Lahore. She has earned her pharmacy degree from the University of veterinary and animal sciences, Lahore. She has completed her internship as a trainee from Children hospital, Lahore. She has completed her research work in clinical pharmacy and pharmaceuticals. She has worked as a healthcare documentation head in Al-Qasim enterprises, Islamabad. She has specialized in prescription handling, drugs information, literature research, patient counseling, and pharmaceutical care plan. Her research work on coronavirus is under publication