Over time you will find your perfect skincare routine, but not before making a lot of mistakes. With each new product or new concern, you will try new ingredients that maybe won’t be effective at once; hence you will make many mistakes while finding your perfect skincare routine.
Here we will go through the most common mistakes while doing your skincare routine and how to fix them:
- Don’t be too aggressive when cleaning your face: Don’t wash your face in excess, and don’t over-exfoliate. Wash every morning, before your exercises, and before going to sleep.
- Wear sunscreen even if you don’t go out: UV rays can penetrate through your windows and still cause sun damage, this is the reason why you should always wear it, some of them can also protect you from the blue light found in electronic devices that can also be harmful to your skin.
- Expensive products are not necessarily the best products: You can also find affordable products able to adapt better to your skin. just choose them based on previous reviews and your skin type.
- Chose products that suit your skin: First of all, you must identify your skin type and only use products recommended for your skin type.
- Skipping a consult with your dermatologist: You can go for an annual consultation just for a routine check-up, but also if you are suffering from a problem or are noticing some changes like moles or pigmentations in your skin go for a consult.
About the Author: Dr. Angelica Parra is a Licensed Medical Doctor from Venezuela and is currently taking a Master’s degree in Dermatology. She specialized in Aesthetic Medicine and completed Advanced Training in Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation in Miami, Florida. She has specialized in applying Botox, dermal fillers, skin tightening treatments, and since then, she has worked on cruise ships as an Aesthetic Doctor.