Almonds aren’t just good for trail mix or as a snack. This nutty oil may provide numerous skincare benefits as well. Almond oil has been used for ages in traditional Ayurveda and Chinese medicine to help soften and soothe the skin as well as to cure small scrapes and wounds.
It is a frequent ingredient in a wide range of cosmetic and cosmetic products nowadays.
Continue with us to know more advantages of almond oil and how to use it on your skin.
Nutrients almond oil have:
Retinol, a component of vitamin A, has the power to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating the growth of new skin cells.
Vitamin E is a vitamin with antioxidant characteristics that may prevent cell deterioration and lessen skin damage caused by ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
Omega-3 fatty acids: These vitamins and minerals may help fight against early aging and UV damage.
For the purpose of eradicating acne or other facial scars, zinc is a crucial nutrient. It’s important to note, though, that zinc is more potent for this use when taken orally.
- Reduces under-eye circles and puffiness: Almond oil may reduce skin edema since it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Enhances skin tone and complexion: Because of its emollient qualities, almond oil may help with skin tone and complexion.
- For millennia, people have used almond oil to treat dry skin problems including eczema and psoriasis.
- Reduces acne: The retinoid in the oil may assist to lessen the look of acne and boost cell turnover, while the fatty acid content of the oil may help dissolve extra oil that has built up on the face.
- Almond oil contains vitamin E, one of the nutrients that may help lessen skin damage from UV exposure, according to reliable sources.
- Almond oil was used to lessen scarring in traditional Chinese and Ayurveda medicine Reliable Source.
- The presence of vitamin E may aid in smoothing the skin.
- Decreases the visibility of stretch marks. A 2016 study found that sweet almond oil might be a useful remedy for avoiding and treating stretch marks.
How to use on skin:
It can be applied to the face in various ways.
Some people enjoy using it to remove their makeup. In fact, a lot of natural makeup remover products contain it as a component.
Additionally, almond oil can be found in moisturizers and cleansers.
You can also apply it directly on your skin on dry nights and thirsty days.
Have good skin, enjoy a good life!
- Sun Stroke (Heat Stroke) – Causes, Signs And Treatment
- Top Five Benefits Of Olive Oil For Skin
- Amazing Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Your Skin
About the Author: Dr. Sayyam Azam is a Certified Dermatologist who has specialized in Clinical Dermatology (Pakistan) and Aesthetic Medicine(U.S). During her specialized training, she is involved in multiple clinical as well as aesthetic dermatological procedures such as botox, fillers, and chemical peels. As a licensed dermatologist, she is now running a state of art Aesthetic Centre (The Face Clinic) in Multan, Pakistan.