One of the most common aesthetic treatments done is Lip filler. It is intended to plump the lips, correct asymmetries, and eliminate lines. Even if it is a simple procedure, there are few things we need to know before having lip fillers done.
- Most fillers are made up of Hyaluronic Acid. This substance is present in every cell on our body, the non-reticulated acid is the one we use for lip enhancement. When injected, can penetrate deep in the skin and restore lost volume.
- Having allergic reactions is unlikely when hyaluronic acid is used.
- Make sure the person that is doing your treatment has the right qualifications. Even if it is a quick fix, a lot of anatomical elements need to be taken into account in order to prevent an arterial obstruction.
- If you are not happy with the result, don’t worry, there is an enzyme called Hyaluronidase that can dissolve the hyaluronic acid filler.
- All the brands have different types of fillers, some of them are specific for the lips.
- Lip fillers can last 6 months up to 12 months; the range depends on your metabolism or the brand used.
- You can use them to correct or prevent lines around your lips, the ones that are known as “smoker’s lines”.
- You will not feel pain: but you can opt to get a topical numbing cream.
- The treatment can be done in 15-30 mins, but don’t make an appointment for the gym or any other important date just in case it will swell.
- Every lip shape is different, do not expect that you would get an absolutely identical lips to someone famous. Make sure the doctor tells you exactly how they can look like.
- If you suffer from cold sores, start taking your medication days before you undergo Lip filler procedure. Don’t forget to mention this during your consultation.
- After the filler is absorbed by your own body, your lips will go back to their original shape and size.
- A natural look can be easily achieved, just ask for it.