If you love having a year round tan, you’re going to LOVE these DIY self tanner recipes! Unlike store bought self tanners, these DIY self tanner recipes are much healthier for your skin as they contain 100% natural ingredients and won’t leave your skin orange. Many commercial tanning products also contain alcohols which can dry out the skin as well as irritate sensitive skin.
Using a DIY tanning lotion also reduces your risk of skin cancer as you’re not spending as much time in the sun (or at least we hope you wouldn’t be!). For sun kissed skin, we always advise sunless tanning over actual tanning! A fake tan can be JUST as great as a real tan, especially if you use any of these DIY self tanner recipes!
DIY Self Tanner Recipes
- No orange spots or weird streaks.
- You can customize the color just by changing the recipe up a little!
- Super cheap to make and will save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- No harsh chemicals or alcohols.
#1. Cocoa Powder Sunless Tanning Lotion
- Unscented white lotion
- 100% pure cocoa powder
- Start out by mixing 1/2 cup of the unscented white lotion with about 1/3 cup of pure cocoa powder.
- Mix well with a fork until all lumps are gone.
- Keep in mind that the lotion will appear darker in the bowl than on your skin.
- If you’d like a darker color, add a little bit more cocoa powder.
- For a lighter color, add a little bit more lotion.
- Store in a clean jar or container.