Vitamin C, also known as Ascorbic acid, is a marvelous natural antioxidant. Vitamin C helps to avoid premature aging of the dermal cells, reduces the ability of the skin to develop wrinkles and ultimately gives skin a smooth appearance.
There can be several ways to increase the vitamin C intake which includes:
- Nutritional Intake
- Topical Application
Spellbinding effects of vitamin C:
- Vitamin C not only helps to reduce but also prevents the development of dark circles under eyes.
- It promotes the synthesis of collagen that is the building block of your healthy skin cells.
- It is a good remedy for the treatment of hyperpigmentation that gives your skin an uneven tone.
- The fantabulous antioxidant characteristic of it helps the skin to fight the undesirable dark spots.
- It also stops the synthesis of tyrosine, an enzyme that helps in melanin production that causes of hyperpigmentation.
- A wonderful effect of vitamin C is that it only targets the hyper pigmented skin cells and maintains their pigmentation.
- Clinical trials have proved Vitamin to hold on the water concentration in skin cells at the normal level.
- It reduces the redness on the skin and provides skin with a smooth even-toned appearance.
About the Author: Dr. Iqra Mubashar is a registered Pharmacist originally from Lahore, Pakistan. She has earned her pharmacy degree from the University of veterinary and animal sciences, Lahore. She has completed her internship as a trainee from Children hospital, Lahore. She has completed her research work in clinical pharmacy and pharmaceutics. She has worked as a healthcare documentation head in Al-Qasim enterprises, Islamabad. She has specialized in prescription handling, drugs information, literature research, patient counseling and pharmaceutical care planning. Her research work on coronavirus is under publication.