Treating dry hair can be tricky, especially if your scalp is oily; making it a little complicated to treat, or at least that is what most people think. Hair dryness is usually caused when your hair is continually exposed to chemicals when you dye it, or heat such as straightening or curling your hair.
You might have heard that if you wash your hair daily, your hair will become dry, but this is a myth. Each person has a different washing pattern; some may need to wash their hair daily, while others can do it every three or four days. Daily wash doesn’t necessarily mean dry hair or scalp.
This condition is quite common, and that is why we will go through some recommendations about the products that you must choose:
- Add conditioner every time you wash your hair, always avoiding applying too close to the scalp.
- Alternate shampoos with and without sulfates.
- Add argan oil as part of your hair care, always avoiding the area close to the scalp.
- Minimize the use of a hairdryer and flat iron.
- Minimize the use of strong chemical treatments to curl or straighten your hair.
- Add to your weekly routine repairing and hydrating masks.
Also Read: Tips for Baby’s Skin in the Winter
About the Author: Dr. Angelica Parra is a Licensed Medical Doctor from Venezuela and is currently taking a Master’s degree in Dermatology. She specialized in Aesthetic Medicine and completed Advanced Training in Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation in Miami, Florida. She has specialized in applying Botox, dermal fillers, skin tightening treatments, and since then, she has worked on cruise ships as an Aesthetic Doctor.