Just like how crucial exfoliation is for your skin, it is also necessary for your lips too. But it is essential to exfoliate them correctly. Let’s find out how you can use your lip scrub.
Dry season can leave lips dry and painful. Due to this, lips don’t stand makeup and also cause discomfort. However, lip scrubs are here to the rescue. A lip scrub can help you remove dead skin cells from your lips. It makes your lips soft and smooth. They not only look fresh and juicy, but they are also easy to apply lip makeup too. However, to reap the benefits and not overdo it, it requires proper exfoliation.
Following are some of the tips for using a lip scrub:
- Don’t use a harsh lip scrub; always opt for a gentle formulation.
- When using a lip scrub, apply a generous amount of it. Rub gently with your fingers in a circular direction.
- It is better to scrub slightly damp lips, so there’s no pain or discomfort.
- Do not forget to apply a balm afterward, as they need hydration.
- Start using a lip scrub once or twice a week. Our skin over lips is sensitive; you can increase its use more often if you do not observe any irritation or unwanted reaction. However, don’t use more than every other day.
Also Read: Banana Peels for Under-Eye Treatment
About the Author: Dr. Iqra Mubashar is a registered Pharmacist originally from Lahore, Pakistan. She has earned her pharmacy degree from the University of veterinary and animal sciences, Lahore. She has completed her internship as a trainee from Children hospital, Lahore. She has completed her research work in clinical pharmacy and pharmaceutics. She has worked as a healthcare documentation head in Al-Qasim enterprises, Islamabad. She has specialized in prescription handling, drugs information, literature research, patient counseling and pharmaceutical care planning. Her research work on coronavirus is under publication.