Does adding coconut oil in your daily skincare routine really work? We have got some amazing benefits of coconut along with the best application methods.
Want to know the details? Let’s keep reading with us till the end.
Coconut contains many antioxidants and fatty acids that aid in promoting clear, bright and glowing skin. Applying a coconut extract to human skin may enhance its protective barrier functions and have an anti-inflammatory effect.
Benefits of applying coconut oil overnight:
Increases hydration: Coconut helps your skin’s protective barrier while trapping moisture inside and keeping skin hydrated.
Reduces inflammation: Coconut has anti-inflammatory properties which makes it beneficial for irritated and chafed skin.
Increases collagen production: The lauric acid content in oil has a beneficial effect on collagen production. Collagen helps skin maintain firmness and elasticity. Helping skin maintain and produce collagen might eliminate the formation of some fine lines and wrinkles.
Lightens dark patches: Coconut can lighten skin and may help reduce the appearance of dark spots or uneven skin tone. Adding lemon juice may enhance this effect.
All You Need To Know About Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Your Skin Care RoutineSteps for using coconut oil overnight:
- Liquefy 1 tablespoon of oil by rubbing it gently between your hands. The liquefied oil will have a silky, light texture.
- Smooth onto your face and neck. You can also use coconut on your chest and on other dry areas of your face.
- Gently remove any thick residue with a soft tissue. Don’t use cotton balls, as they will stick to the oil on your face.
- Leave a light layer of coconut on your skin overnight.
- Avoid getting coconut oil into your eyes, as it may make your vision blurry temporarily.
- If you’re pinched for time, coconut can also do double duty as a makeup remover prior to using as a night cream. Simply follow these same steps twice. Use once to gently remove makeup and once to leave a light coating on your skin.
Adding organic oils to your skincare routine really flourishes your skin after every application. Enjoy healthy life with healthy skin!
- Uses Of Coconut Oil For Skin
- Miraculous Effects Of Coconut Oil To Get Glowing Skin
- Coconut Oil And Its Benefits For Skin And Hair
Dr. Sayyam Azam is a certified dermatologist who has specialized in Clinical Dermatology (Pakistan) and Aesthetic Medicine (US). During her specialization, she was involved in multiple clinical as well as aesthetic dermatological procedures such as botox, fillers, and chemical peels. As a licensed dermatologist, she is now running a state-of-the- art Aesthetic Center (The Face Clinic) in Multan, Pakistan.