Different people have different skin, that’s why they try different products to protect their skin. While some of them are sunscreens. Apply sunscreen for a time with a minimum of 15 minutes before going outdoors to activate sunscreen. Darker skin tones do need more protection from the sun because hyperpigmentation is more difficult to correct.
Useful tips For all types of skin
- Stay hydrated
- Change cases of the pillow at least once a week.
- Wash or wrap hair in front of the bed.
- Wear sunscreen every day and apply fifteen minutes before leaving.
Begin with a simple, basic routine to see how your skin reacts. You can add extra products such as exfoliates, masks, and treatments to improve your skin’s health once you are comfortable.
Don’t forget to patch new products, especially if your skin is sensitive. This can help you to identify allergic reactions.
To test a new product for patching:
- Apply a small amount of product on a discreet surface on your skin, for example inside your wrist or inner arm.
- Wait 48 hours to see if a reaction will occur.
- Check the area at 96 hours following the request to see if your reaction is delayed.
An allergic reaction can include irritation, redness, little bumps, or pruritus. Wash the area you tested with water and a gentle cleanser if you notice these symptoms. Then return the product and try another one that suits your skin type better. Useful tips
About the Author:
Dr. Adeeba Kiran is a Ph.D. in English with nine great years of writing experience. Dr. Kiran has also earned a degree in beauty and cosmetics. She possesses excellent knowledge about skincare and its treatments. Let her experience begin to work for you.