As you may know, cleaning your skin well is just as important as using sunscreen; not cleansing your skin can cause short and long-term problems.
How do you know if you’re doing it right?
- You are not cleansing your skin with makeup remover wipes. These only cleanse the skin superficially, but they cannot remove impurities and can irritate the skin. Instead, replace them with a facial cleanser in the morning and micellar water/balm or makeup remover oil + facial cleanser at night.
- At the end of your routine, always check the towel with which you dry your face. It should not have any traces of makeup or dirt on it. If you still notice residue, repeat the procedure.
- For the ingredients to be adequately absorbed, your skin needs to be clean, completely free of oil and dirt.
- When you wake up, check your pillow. It should be free of any makeup residue.
- Pay attention to your skin. If your skin texture changes or you get more pimples than usual (especially around your hairline), you are not cleansing your skin well. So instead, use a cotton pad with micellar water and always clean the hairline, that’s where the makeup/sunscreen always stays, and we don’t notice it.
Also Read: Why dont you use salt or salt water on skin?
About the writer: Dr. Angelica Parra is a Licensed Medical Doctor from Venezuela and is currently taking a Master’s degree in Dermatology. She specialized in Aesthetic Medicine and completed Advanced Training in Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation in Miami, Florida. She has specialized in applying Botox, dermal fillers, skin tightening treatments, and since then, she has worked on cruise ships as an Aesthetic Doctor.