Dry Itchy scalp is a sign of skin conditions like psoriasis, dandruff etc. If not treated on time, it can cause severe hair fall. If your scalp is dry and you are experiencing dandruff or have lice in your head, you can try certain home ingredients to get rid of the itchiness caused by these problems. Those with oily and sweaty skin can also opt for these remedies and get rid of the problem.
Home Remedies for Itchy Scalp
Here we discussed some effective home remedies for dry itchy scalp prevention treatment.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Dry Itchy Scalp
Apple cider vinegar contains mallic acid, which destroys the fungi and viruses on the scalp. It also helps to maintains the pH balance of your scalp and you can get a clear scalp free from any sort of itchiness.
- apple cider vinegar
- cotton balls
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
How to do:
- Firstly wash your hair and scalp with water and allow it to dry.
- Take equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar and mix thoroughly in spray bottle
- Apply this apple cider vinegar solution directly on your scalp using cotton balls
- Spray this mixture on scalp
- wait for few minutes then shampoo your hair with normal water
Repetitions: Do this Process once or twice a week.
Baking Soda for Dry Itchy Scalp
You are not baking cake here! Yes baking soda is also one of the best remedy to help you with itchiness! This is a really effective and readily available ingredient that can relieve up your itchy scalp is baking soda. It helps relieve and soothe down the itching by exfoliating the layer of your scalp and then controlling you dandruff caused by overactive fungi in your scalp.
- baking soda
Preparation time: 3 minutes.
How to do:
- Mix baking soda in water to make fine paste
- Apply this paste on your scalp allow it to dry on scalp
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes then rinse with water.
Repetitions: Follow this process once or twice in a week.
Read the complete article at beautyepic.com
Also Read: How to Tighten Belly Skin After Delivery