When you think of homemade face mask recipes, you rarely think of mint as an ingredient, but mint is actually a super beneficial addition to your face masks. Aside from its refreshing scent and flavor, mint also has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial properties which can help those with acne and oily skin.
Benefits of Mint for the Skin:
- Helps to heal and deter acne and breakouts. Also helps fade away the look of scars and dark spots.
- Has anti-bacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties which calms the skin, cleanses, and prevents blemishes.
- Helps control excessive oil production thanks to the vitamin A in mint.
- Keeps skin soft, smooth, and glowing.
- Consuming mint can also help with clear skin as mint purifies the blood.
6 Homemade Mint Face Mask Recipes
1. Banana & Mint Face Mask
Good for: Those with acne prone and aging skin. Bananas are packed full of vitamins and minerals, and as such, protect the skin from free radicals delaying the aging process. Mint contains vitamin A, salicylic acid, and antioxidants to fight bacteria and prevent breakouts.
- 1 medium ripe banana
- a few fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a blender or food processor, add all of the ingredients and pulse until the consistency is that of a smooth paste.
- Apply to clean face and neck and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- Use twice a week for best results
Also Read: Anti Aging Face Masks You Must Try At Home