Tomatoes aren’t just a yummy fruit (yes, tomatoes are a fruit, not a vegetable) you put in your salads and sandwiches, but they’re also amazing at curing a multitude of skin problems! These are the top 10 tomato face mask recipes that are for all skin types. Whether you have dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, or acne prone skin, there’s a tomato face mask recipe for everyone!
Jump to Recipe
Before we go ahead and dive into these recipes, you may be wondering, why tomatoes? What makes this fruit so great for treating skin conditions? For starters, tomatoes are packed full of vitamins and minerals. They’re full of vitamin C, folic acid, phenolic compounds, and carotenoids.
- Vitamin C helps to improve collagen and elastin production in the skin. Collagen and elastin is what makes our skin stay young, supple, and firm. Over time, as we get older, our skin produces less and less collagen and elastin.
- The pulp in tomatoes is naturally antibacterial and antifungal, making is perfect for those with oily and acne prone skin.
- Tomatoes contain antioxidant and bleaching properties, which can help fade scars, dark spots, age spots, and sun spots. Additionally, they can also protect the skin from sun damage.
- Helps the balance the skin’s pH levels, which can naturally balance oil production.
- Helps to fade away crow’s feet, fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene which provides photodamage protection.
- Helps to tighten pores and remove dead skin cells by gently exfoliating and minimizing enlarged pores.
As you can see, tomatoes have a slew of skin benefits, and today we’ll share with you our top 10 tomato face mask recipes for all different types of skin!
10 Tomato Face Mask Recipes
#1. Tomato Face Mask for Dry Skin
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the ripe tomato in half, and in small bowl, squeeze out all of the liquid.
- Mix in the olive oil and apply to a clean face.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Why This Works:
Because olive oil contains fatty acids, it will hydrate and nourish dry skin. The tomato juice helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, leaving skin soft and smooth after just one use.
How Often Should I Use This?
For best results, use this mask once or twice a week.