The onion water or onion extract is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, making it an effective ingredient to prevent fungal infections that can cause dandruff. According to a research study done by American scientists, the medical ingredients in onion water can be a great asset for hair regrowth. So it is a well-known home remedy for alopecia.
The application of only the onion water can be very unhealthy for hair, for sometimes it may cause itching. So onion water can be applied by recreating it in the form of a shampoo.
The method of preparing the onion shampoo by adding onion water is simple and can be done at home.
- Take 100 grams of fresh onion and wash and dry them properly in a bowl.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Using any food process and further chop them in it.
- Filter the onion extract by pouring the chopped onion over a muslin cloth.
- Add this onion extract to your normal shampoo and mix it well until it forms good leather.
- Then apply this onion water shampoo on your scalp and wash it as usual.
The onion extract shampoo provides the following benefits over normal shampoo that is available in the market:
- Provided more nutrients and better nourishment to hair follicles.
- Moisturized dry hair and scalp.
- Promoted hair growth.
About the Author: Dr. Iqra Mubashar is a registered Pharmacist originally from Lahore, Pakistan. She has earned her pharmacy degree from the University of veterinary and animal sciences, Lahore. She has completed her internship as a trainee from Children hospital, Lahore. She has completed her research work in clinical pharmacy and pharmaceutics. She has worked as a healthcare documentation head in Al-Qasim enterprises, Islamabad. She has specialized in prescription handling, drugs information, literature research, patient counseling, and pharmaceutical care planning. Her research work on coronavirus is under publication.