Baking soda is well known as being a great all-rounder that can be used as an ingredient in many different beauty treatments for hair and skin problems. One of the more common skin problems many people face today are dark spots. It can be blended with other ingredients and applied to the skin in order to lighten dark spots.
How to Use Baking Soda for Dark Spots on Face?
Here we will be looking at some remedies for dark spots, all based on baking soda.
Lemon Juice and Baking Soda for Dark Spots
It exfoliates the top layer layer of skin, while the lemon juice gets to work lightening the skin that lies below it. Before long, you will be able to say goodbye to those dark spots.
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Lemon juice
- Gradually add lemon juice to the soda until you have a nice smooth paste.
- Apply the paste directly to the dark spots on your skin and leave for 3 – 4 minutes, before washing off with warm water.
How often: This should be done once a day, every day, until you longer need it.
Caution: Some people with sensitive skin may find that the lemon juice stings with use. If this is the case then try one of the other methods listed here.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda for Dark Spots
The acetic acid that can be found in apple cider vinegar works together with the baking soda to exfoliate the top layer of skin, revealing the lighter tones below.
You will need:
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar
- Gradually add the apple cider vinegar to the soda to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste directly to the dark spots on the skin and leave for 15 minutes.
- Once the paste is dry, wash off it with cold water.
How often: Once a day, every day and you will soon start seeing results.
Caution: Those with sensitive skin can dilute the apple cider vinegar, just leave the paste on a few more minutes.
Read the complete article at beautyepic.com
Also Read: How to remove dead skin from the face