We all love to rock our amazing hair but sometimes tiny skin flakes can stop us from doing so. Today we will look into some hair masks for dandruff and help fight this annoying condition.
There is not an exact cause of why dandruff appears, but there are some factors that can be considered as a possible cause.
- Dry Hair: when people have dry hair, it can sometimes cause dandruff, specifically now in the winter when cold air can cause dryness.
- Oily scalp: having an oily scalp is another cause.
- Hair products: some shampoos and skincare products can be a cause of dandruff. Also not shampooing enough may cause oil build-up, dead skin cells, and therefore encouraged dandruff.
- Your Diet: The lack of vitamins, some fats and zinc, may increase the risk of getting dandruff. Try to consume foods that are rich in these supplements.
- Skin conditions: some skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis can also be a cause.
- Stress: Stress can also trigger dandruff.
5 Hair Masks for Dandruff
Fortunately, there is always something natural you can rely on, and dandruff remedies are no exception. Let’s talk about some amazing hair masks for dandruff and stop this annoying condition.
- 2-4 aspirins
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, mash the aspirins until there is only powder left.
- To that bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix to make a paste.
- Slowly start applying to your scalp and part your hair to simplify the process.
- After covering your whole scalp, gently massage around.
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash of the mask and shampoo as normal.
- Use 1-2 times a week for best results.
Why this Works:
Aspirin works as an exfoliator, removing dead skin cells to improve the adoption of nutrients into the scalp. It cleans deeply removing fungi that can cause dryness and dandruff. Aspirin also Increase the circulation in the scalp and strengthen the follicles. Adding aspirin to your shampoo is another way of fighting dandruff.
Honey has anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal properties making it the perfect ingredient to fight dandruff. Honey is also healing and pH balancing which can heal this condition.
Apple cider Vinegar controls oil production while strengthening hair follicles. ACV balances the scalp pH level making it one of the best ingredients to unclog your follicles.
Also Read: 5 Possible Causes of Dry Skin