Serums are a part of your daily skincare routine that you shouldn’t skip and today we will tell you why along with some of the best DIY serum for oily skin recipes!
- Serums are formulated to target specific skin problems like dark spots, acne, fine lines, pores, wrinkles, and hyper-pigmentation.
- Serums act as an anti-aging prevention, as a brightening treatment and can also help with any type of skin.
- Due to its active ingredients, serums can bring antioxidants to the skin and restore cell growth.
- Serums are made of mostly of lighter ingredients, making it perfect for oily skin since they hydrate without making your skin feel and look oily.
- Basically, serums give your skin nutrients that moisturizers don’t, that’s why it’s so important to use both in your skin care routine. Moisturizers hydrate the outer layer of your skin while serums allow needed nutrients to soak deep into the skin.
- Serums are anti-inflammatory and can therefore reduce inflammation and redness in a pinch.
DIY Serum for Oily Skin- Top 5 Recipes
All of the serums recipes below contain specific natural ingredients to target oily skin to leave it less oily and radiant. These serums are great for anyone with oily and/or acne prone skin, but also work for those with sensitive skin.
The carrier oils in this DIY face serum recipe (jojoba and grapeseed oil), are super light, meaning they’re perfect for those with oily skin. The essential oils in this recipe work together to fight bacteria and reduce their spread all while rejuvenating the skin.
- 1 tsp jojoba oil
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 10 drops cypress essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- A small glass dropper bottle
- Add all the ingredients in the glass dropper bottle and gently shake it to mix the carrier and essential oils.
- Apply a drop of the serum to your forehead, chin, and cheeks after your toner.
- Gently massage the serum into your skin, making sure your skin absorbs the oils.
- Continue with the next step in your skincare routine.