Skincare can be tricky. While most of us know that a CTM routine is barely enough to keep our faces glowing, busy schedules can keep us from giving it that extra TLC it so desperately needs. Looking for products that suit your skin and address its concerns is not only time consuming, but it can also get heavy on the pocket. We have put together this list of curd face packs for different skin types that can save your skin and time, effort, and money. But before we dive in, let’s look at how curd helps your skin.
Benefits Of Applying Curd On Your Face
This is one of the most common skincare ingredients used by women. It is readily available, feels incredibly soothing on the skin, and helps to improve skin quality.A study evaluated the use of fermented dairy products (like yogurt) on the skin and found that oral, as well as a topical application, of these products, may improve skin health. However, further studies are required to assess their efficacy.In another study, researchers evaluated the efficacy of a yogurt face pack on human skin. They found that the face pack decreased the levels of trans epidermal water loss in treated areas.
- Helps To Exfoliate Your Skin – Curd, like any other milk product, contains lactic acid, which may help exfoliate dead skin cells and keep the skin smooth.
- Nourishes Your Skin – The essential fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals in curd help nourish your skin and keep it healthy.
- Maintains Skin Health – Curd keeps skin issues at bay by maintaining its elasticity and improving brightness.
- Keeps Your Skin Hydrated – The rich fat content in curd can help seal moisture into your skin, keeping it hydrated for a long time. It may also help tackle a bad tan, dullness, and pigmentation.
- Soothes Your Skin –It has a cooling effect on your skin. It can relieve inflammation and acne and keep the skin comfortable.
10 Curd Face Packs For Different Skin Types
1. Curd And Honey Face Pack:
Directions: This is suitable for normal to dry skin types. Mix 2 tablespoons of curd with a tablespoon of honey. Apply this mixture to your face and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Wash the mixture off with cold water later.
How It May Help: Honey has moisturizing and therapeutic properties . Together, with curd, it makes for an excellent moisturizing combo.
2. Curd And Besan (Gram Flour) Face Pack
Directions: This face pack is perfect for normal to oily skin types. Mix a tablespoon of gram flour or besan with 2 tablespoons of curd. Combine the curd and besan until you get a smooth and consistent mixture and apply this mixture to your face. Wash off after it dries.
How It May Help: Besan is a common ingredient in home-made face packs and helps to exfoliate, cleanse, and brighten the skin.
3. Curd And Turmeric Face Pack
Directions: This suits all skin types. You have to mix curd with half a teaspoon of turmeric and apply this mixture to your face and leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing off.
How It May Help: Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Along with clearing out your skin, this face pack also leaves your face glowing with health.
4. Curd And Lemon Face Pack
Directions: This helps to brighten the skin and evens out your skin tone. Normal to oily skin types can try it. You have to combine lemon juice (diluted) and curd. Apply this mixture to your face and leave it on to dry before washing.
How It May Help: Lemon juice contains citric acid (which gives it the sour taste), an AHA that may help improve epidermal thickness. You may use this natural AHA to improve your skin quality.Read More..