Blueberries are one of the most beneficial fruits for our health. It Is the most beneficial fruit of all, mostly because of the antioxidant properties given by the quantity of anthocyanins (pigment). Also, it contains flavonoids, vitamins B, C, and other minerals; free of sodium and fat, which makes them perfect.
Benefits of Blueberries
- Antiaging properties: Thanks to the high antioxidant concentration. These amazing fruit prevent cell oxidation; hence they prevent aging. A cup of blueberries can improve circulation and provide the right amount of nutrients to rejuvenate the skin. Thanks to anthocyanin (pigment), collagen degradation is reduced, and collagen production is increased.
- It prevents you from having gray hairs: blueberries are good source of vitamin B. Hence, they help maintain hair pigment; the lack of this vitamin increases the loss of pigment resulting in gray hairs.
- Improve memory: it is known that anthocyanin, the pigment that gives the fruit its color, improves age-related neurological condition; and even improves cognitive function when consumed regularly
- Prevent and fight urinary system conditions. The hippuric acid contained in this fruit has anti-bacterial properties that help to fight the urinary infections
- Has anti-cancer activity: some elements in this fruit can act to increase specific enzyme productions that can protect against disease and delay cancer propagation.
- Improve gastrointestinal problems: if consumed in adequate quantities can improve diarrhea; on the other hand, if consumed in excess can cause diarrhea.
- Have anti-inflammatory properties
- Prevent cardiovascular disease and diabetes: if combined with a healthy diet, they can reduce cholesterol and glucose levels, mostly because of an element called pterostilbene.
- Protects you from ocular disorders: positively affects conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, retinal inflammation, and macular degeneration.