Statistics have shown that 95% of all people on our planet suffer from acne at some point in their lives. Acne and other skin imperfections can be provoked by dozens of various causes from your eating habits to using the wrong skin-care products. Until today, nobody has discovered the universal remedy to heal your skin once and forever. However, there are some really effective natural treatments that can help you get glowing and healthy skin without using any chemical or surgical remedies.
Bright Side gathered the most effective tips that our grandmothers used to make their skin look perfect.
1. Dark circles: turmeric + pineapple juice
Turmeric can help minimize dark circles under your eyes by producing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects on your skin. Here’s how to make a mask to get rid of dark circles:
- Take 2 tsp of turmeric powder and 2 tsp of pineapple juice and mix them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the area underneath your eyes and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Wipe it away with a soft cloth.
- Repeat the procedure every day until you see results.
This mask will also make the skin under your eyes smoother and softer.
2. Sunburns and inflammations: avocados
Avocados contain vitamins A, D, and E which help soothe sunburned skin, boost collagen production, and reduce skin inflammation. An avocado face mask is made the following way:
- Take half of the fruit and mash it with a fork.
- Add 2 tbsp of hot water to the avocado pulp and mix them.
- Apply the mixture to the affected areas with a brush and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water.
If you have dry or sensitive skin, you should add 1 tsp of honey to the mask.
3. Hyperpigmentation: potatoes + lemon juice
Potatoes contain various vitamins and minerals which are really effective in treating hyperpigmented skin, dark spots, and acne scars. Lemon contains citric acid which is considered to be a natural bleaching agent. You can make a brightening mask with these 2 ingredients the following way:
- Take a potato, wash it thoroughly, cut it into small pieces, and put them in the blender.
- Put the potato pulp in a strainer and extract the potato juice.
- Squeeze a lemon to make lemon juice.
- Take 4 tsp of potato juice and 2 tsp of lemon juice and mix them.
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas with a brush or a cotton ball in a thick layer.
- After applying the first layer, let it air dry for several minutes and apply the second layer and then the third one.
- Leave the mask overnight and rinse your skin with warm water in the morning.
- Repeat the treatment every day for a week.
Read More at BRIGHT SIDE