When we think of pineapples in the summer months we think of a cool Pina Colada. But this summer fruit isn’t just to be enjoyed during happy hour. Drinking, eating, and topically applying pineapple juice on a regular basis is a powerful, proven way for you to achieve; clear, radiant skin. In this blog we’re revealing why pineapples are amazing for your skin and the best ways to add them to your daily skincare routine.
What Beneficial Nutrients Do Pineapple Contain?
The vitamins in these fruits include; vitamin A, vitamin C, beta-carotene, thiamin, vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6, and folate. Minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, sodium, and magnesium are also found in pineapples.
Best Ways to Add Pineapple to Your Skincare Routine
1. Anti-Aging: Pineapple is your new BFF if you’re looking to slow down the aging process. That’s because it’s loaded with antioxidants and alpha-hydroxy acids, which fight skin-damaging free radicals. Why not create this all-natural pineapple and coconut milk face mask and soak up all these benefits.
Coconut and Pineapple Mask for Glowing Skin
- 4 fresh pineapple slices
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend them until you get a smooth paste.
- Pour in a clean bowl.
- Dip your fingers into the bowl and apply the paste on your face.
- Allow it to dry for up to 5 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry and follow up with a moisturizer. Read more