When it comes to self-care, some extra TLC helps a great deal in enhancing one’s look. Slap that face mask on and wake up to radiant skin, indulge in a body scrub and enjoy the silky softness, resort to champi an hour before taking a head bath and you’ll notice how your mane revives instantly… simple and quick measures like these can offer great nourishing benefits.
We have long been fascinated by the power of home-remedies in bringing this beautiful change in our lives. Now that the lockdown is giving us ample time at home, it is an excellent opportunity to raid the kitchen cabinet to reap its beauty benefits.
If the summer heat is making your tresses dull and scalp greasy, fret not. There’s a hair mask for every hair problem! Chandni Kamdar, technical trainer at John Paul Mitchell Systems India, shares insights on how to use healthy-hair ingredients in homemade masks.
Nourish your dry scalp with an easy at-home DIY hair mask to keep dandruff at bay. Read on for Kamdar’s anti-dandruff recipe.
• Squeeze out one lemon in a bowl.
• Add 4 to 5 tablespoon coconut oil.
• Add a teaspoon of camphor powder and mix till the camphor dissolves properly.
• Apply this mask on your scalp and massage it into the skin in a gentle circular motion.
• Wrap a warm towel around your head to help the oil seep in, and leave it on for 30 minutes.
• Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
This quick-to-whip hair mask will provide intense moisturisation to your scalp and help keep itchiness and hair fall at bay. Read more…