Chia seeds are an unsung hero that can do wonders to your beauty regimen. This humble superfood is a nutritional powerhouse, and packs a punch of omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, magnesium, zinc, vitamin E, vitamin B1, B2, B3 et al, in every serving. Plus, they are pretty easily available, and purchasing them won’t burn a hole in your pocket.
Benefits of Chia Seeds for Hair
Our hair, just like chia, is full of protein, which is necessary to keep it strong and thick. Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse containing 20% more protein than soy beans, plus added Omega-3’s that are critical to help prevent hair loss. Adding chia seeds, a complete protein, to your diet can help promote luscious locks.
DIY Chia Seed Hair Mask
Give your tresses an extra boost of pampering with this DIY hair mask. It is the perfect ingredient to add to any hair mask treatment of your choice since they are able to swell up to 12x their normal size when placed in water. This allows the chia seeds to create a gel like consistency that will hydrate your hair. Get summer ready locks with this hair mask recipe. All that is required is 4 simple ingredients: apple cider vinegar for glossiness, coconut oil to condition, chia seeds for hydration, and honey to smooth.
- 6 Tbsp of organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup of organic honey
- 1 tsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Pop the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the coconut oil so it can be mixed with all the other ingredients. Set aside to cool.
- Gently work a pinch of the hair mask through your ends after shampooing and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Rinse and enjoy your silky soft hair.
- Store leftovers in small glass container and use whenever you please.
Also Read: Best Skin Toners For All Skin Types