“Skin that is healthy from the inside glows from the outside.” – can this be considered as the modern day adage?
Fruits and vegetables are the most important food items that could help you achieve blemish, acne-free skin and Naturally Glowing Skin. They contain skin-friendly components that help in rectifying our skin problems from the inside out. Hence, these ‘beauty foods’ will not only keep your body healthy, but also will help you achieve glowing skin. To add to that, they help to maintain the body’s hydration levels at optimum, thus aiding in achieving better skin health.
Food For Glowing Skin
1. Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
Adding them to your daily diet is one of the easiest ways to enhance the skin’s natural radiance. Loaded with antioxidants, essential vitamins, and nutrients, dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach, Swiss chard, radish leaves, mustard leaves, lettuce, coriander, parsley, broccoli, and arugula help rid our skin of dullness and enhance the skin’s glow. This tops the list of best foods for glowing skin any day.
- Mangoes are rich in antioxidants and vitamin A, which prevent premature aging, retain the skin’s elasticity, and grow new skin cells.
- Banana is rich in vitamins A, B, and E and prevents premature wrinkling of the skin.
- Papaya helps shed all the dead skin cells and clears your skin of all impurities.
- Oranges and kiwis are rich in vitamin C that protects our skin against the onset of wrinkles and boosts collagen synthesis. Other vitamin C-rich fruits are guavas, grapefruit, and strawberries. Vitamin C also protects the skin from sun damage and promotes cell turnover, thus preserving the youth and beauty of our skin.
- A glass of warm water with honey and lemon juice lightens your skin tone and keeps it clean.
- Apple helps maintain a toned look and makes your skin look younger.
3. Healthy Fats
Foods rich in unsaturated fats, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids are essential for providing the skin with a healthy dose of natural oils (good fats), which in turn reduce inflammation, acne, scaly skin, and redness. We can acquire smooth, healthy and glowing skin through consumption of nuts like walnuts, hazelnuts, and almonds and fish like salmon, tuna, trout, and herring. These are the perfect sources of ingredients required for a glowing skin.