If you are struggling from acne and have sensitive skin, turmeric face packs is the answer. Due to its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties, turmeric helps in preventing breakouts and also heal existing acne. In addition to being a great natural exfoliant, turmeric is high in antioxidants, which can help slow down your skin’s natural aging processes. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which may reduce some of the symptoms of acne.
5 homemade turmeric face packs for acne-prone skin
#1 Sandalwood and turmeric face pack
A sandalwood and turmeric face pack will absorb any excess oil and make your skin smooth and non-greasy. It also acts as an exfoliator.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder and a pinch of turmeric powder in a bowl. Chandan (sandalwood powder) is enriched with several minerals that breathe life into the skin.
- Combine them and make a paste by adding rose water. Rose water contains anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritated skin.
- Apply all over your face and keep it for 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- Use this a couple of times a week.
#2 Milk, raw honey and turmeric face pack
Honey is an antioxidant that reduces inflammation and immediately calms the redness and irritation on the skin. The lactic acid in milk contains alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), which exfoliate dead skin cells that may clog pores.
- Mix ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder, ½ tablespoon of milk, and ½ tablespoon of raw honey.
- After the paste is ready, apply this pack all over your face and neck.
- Keep it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water. Use this pack 2-3 times a week.
#3 Gram flour and turmeric face pack
Acne is a persistent skin problem and those who suffer from it know how difficult it is to treat. Gram flour has certain properties that treat acne. This facemask is good for curing acne and pimples.
- Make a smooth paste with 1 tablespoon of Gram flour, ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and ¼ tablespoon of rose water.
- Apply on face and neck and leave to dry for 20 minutes.
- Scrub by making it wet for the next 5 minutes.
- Rinse with water. Repeat this process once a week.
Read the Complete Article on urbancompany.com
Read Also: Fix 5 Health Problems With Triphala powder