The Habits You Need to Avoid to have Flawless Skin.
Flawless skin is not only achieved by using the right skincare products but also by protecting skin against certain conditions. Certain situations, most of them controllable, can affect your skin. It can even produce wrinkles, breakouts, pigmentation, and any type of damage that on occasions can be irreversible.
Most of those situations can be prevented and controlled, but you just need to identify them first to correct them. Here we will go through the most common conditions that can affect your overall skin look:
- Extreme temperatures and pollution: Extreme temperatures can cause your skin to burn, while pollution will lead to an accumulation of dirt, bacteria and can even produce breakouts.
- Tobacco and alcohol: Tobacco reduces blood circulation, reducing the absorption of minerals, vitamins, and even the healing process of the skin. With alcohol, you will suffer mainly from dehydration and can trigger conditions like rosacea, dermatitis, psoriasis, and other skin pathologies.
- Sun exposure: Not only can it cause burning, but it also increases the appearance of wrinkles, pigmentation, and even skin cancer; hence sunscreen must be used all the time, especially during outdoor activities.
- Stress and lack of sleep: Make sure you have at least eight hours of sleep. Otherwise, your cortisol levels can be modified and influence skin conditions like psoriasis. This and lack of sleep will give you those unwanted dark circles and puffiness around the eyes.
- Facial Exercises: Do They Really Work?
- Aloe Vera: All You Need to Know about This Natural Ingredient and Your Skincare
- Why Some People Suffer from Spider Veins?
Dr. Angelica Parra is a Licensed Medical Doctor from Venezuela and is currently taking a Master’s degree in Dermatology. She specialized in Aesthetic Medicine and completed Advanced Training in Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation in Miami, Florida. She has specialized in applying Botox, dermal fillers, skin tightening treatments, and since then, she has worked on cruise ships as an Aesthetic Doctor.