It is known that the oil promotes a quick, even and deep tan. True, until recently, only those who naturally sunbathe and are not afraid of burns could afford this remedy. Good news for white people – now there is suntan oil, which suits you.
Why use suntan oil
Oil is the most popular sunscreen format among girls who do not imagine summer without a bronze tan. Back in the 60’s on the beach it was fashionable to rub yourself with natural coconut oil. However, the sun’s fans sometimes do this even now, giving preference to natural products, despite the fact that the beauty industry offers a wide range of cosmetic oils.
The first in the history of tanning oil is coconut oil.
Natural oils have a number of advantages.
- Create a smooth surface on the surface of the skin, which attracts ultraviolet, and thereby provoke an accelerated skin defensive reaction, that is, sunburn.
- Fatty acids in the composition of oils nourish and soften the skin, preventing dehydration.
- Vitamins, which are rich in oils, protect against free radicals.
- Oils are characterized by moderate water resistance .
Dermatologists recommend using photoprotective agents for everyone, regardless of skin type. And this means that you can only grill in the sun, smeared with coconut oil , only dark-skinned by nature or already sunburnt people. Without protection, photodamage accumulates, which subsequently negatively affects the health of the skin.
How to choose suntan oil
Features of modern oils for sunburn
- 1. High SPF-factor. “A high index of protection indicates special features of the formula to keep the sunscreen on the skin surface,” explains Marina Kamanina, expert at L’Oréal Paris. “Such filters are complex and expensive, so they are used only in high-quality products.”
- 2. Water resistance. “Conventional Sanskrit are moisturizing creams in which the sunscreen component is bound to the hydrophilic part of the formula. These products are comfortable for the skin, but quickly washed off with water and lose effectiveness.
Water resistance filters provide a special fat-soluble substance, which is part of the product with a high degree of protection from the sun. ” Marina Kamanina.
- 3.Low-fat texture . The so-called dry suntan oil is a special polymer formula. Such a tool has an oily texture, smoothes and nourishes the skin, but after soaking it does not leave a hint of gloss. The skin remains dry, sand and dust do not adhere to it.
A distinctive property of cosmetic oils for sunburn – water resistance
Owners of oily skin should not get carried away with oil formulas.
- Oils for intensive tanning with low and medium SPF should not be used in the first days of vacation. Start with funds with a high protection factor and butter the skin only after its adaptation, when the first layer of sunburn appears.
- Owners of oily skin need to be careful with oil compositions and not apply body oil to the skin of the face, so as not to provoke a blockage of pores. For the face, choose non-comedogenic formulas – these too are available.
- Avoid contact with oil in the eyes.
- Oils for sunburn, for obvious reasons, can not be sprayed near an open fire, which is always warned by manufacturers.
Review of oils for sunburn
© L’Oréal Paris
Dry oil Sublime Sun “Sunburn and Protection”, SPF 30, L’Oréal Paris, gives a magnificent, uniform and stable tan, and the filter system Mexoryl XL reliably protects from the negative influence of ultraviolet. Dry texture does not leave oily film, nourishes and softens the skin. Intended for the body.
Intensive suntan oil, Garnier is a classic version of tanning oil with SPF 2 and tropical coconut flavor. Nourishes and smoothes the skin, contributing to a deep tan. Suitable for those whose skin is already accustomed to the sun and is not afraid of burns.
© La Roche-Posay
Sunscreen Anthelios XL 50+, La Roche-Posay, provides enhanced protection against UVA / UVB rays through a system of solar filters, including Mexoryl XL. Easily distributed over the skin. A water-resistant formula is suitable for the body and face, including for the skin prone to allergies.
Spray oil for intensive tanning with shea butter, SPF 15, Garnier, protects the skin from UVB and UVA rays, suitable for face and body. Karite oil nourishes and softens the skin, and vitamin E provides antioxidant protection.
Nutritious sunscreen body oil Huile Soyeuse, SPF 30, Biotherm, has a light texture, quickly absorbed, gives the skin silky and protects from burns and damage caused by ultraviolet light. Prevents the evaporation of moisture, promotes an even and persistent tan.
How to use suntan oil properly
- apply immediately before insolation , but before going out to the open sun it is better to spend 10-15 minutes in the shade;
- spread evenly over the skin , covering all areas of the body (face) open to the sun;
- To apply repeatedly after prolonged bathing and wiping with a towel;
- Avoid contact with clothing (oil may leave greasy stains).