Cleanse your face thoroughly with a mild skin cleanser to remove the day’s products with a Licorice Powder-Tomato Paste Mask. Licorice powder is used as a skin-lightening agent in Asia, and tomatoes, including lemon juice, are high in vitamin C. Glabridin, a component of licorice, has been shown in lab studies to inhibit melanin development.
Make the mask and add it as follows:
- Make a paste with a fork and a ripe medium tomato.
- Mix in two tablespoons of licorice powder thoroughly.
- Add half a lemon juice and combine everything into a soft paste.
- Instead of lemon juice, use a tablespoon of honey or four tablespoons of milk if you have dry skin.
- Using a medium cosmetic brush or your fingers, apply the paste in a thick layer to your skin.
- Allow 20 to 30 minutes for drying.
- Gently scrub the paste off your skin with a damp washcloth, then rinse with warm water.
Turmeric Paste Mask is another option
This turmeric-based mask is another choice in place of the tomato-based mask. Turmeric is commonly available in supermarkets. In Chinese and Indian cultures, the root is used for cooking and pain relief and women use it to lighten their skin.
About the Author:
Dr. Adeeba Kiran is a Ph.D. in English with nine great years of writing experience. Dr. Adeeba Kiran has also earned degre in beauty and cosmattics. She possess an excellent knowledge about skincare and its treatments. Let her experience begin to work for you.